Last year was the first time in history that the Supercars raced for points at the Albert Park circuit, and for Nick Percat it was a standout weekend with 4 top ten finishes; notably standing on the podium twice during the event, with a 2nd and 3rd place finish.
Nick will be racing in Freightliner Racing colours this weekend, and after a strong showing for the season opener in Adelaide, he is looking forward to continuing that momentum in front of the massive Melbourne crowd. With the Supercars supporting the opening round of the Formula One championship this weekend, Albert Park is the place to be!
Below are the on-track times for Nick Percat this weekend; your local TV times can be found here - https://www.supercars.com/tv-schedule/
Thursday 14th March
12:50-13:20 – Practice One
15:00-15:30 – Practice Two
16:40-16:50 – Qualifying (Race 3 Grid)
17:00-17:10 – Qualifying (Race 4 Grid)
Friday 15th March
13:50-14:00 – Qualifying (Race 5 Grid)
14:10-14:20 – Qualifying (Race 6 Grid)
17:55-18:55 – Race Three (130km/25 Laps)
Saturday 16th March
12:50-13:20 – Race Four (70km/13 Laps)
18:30-19:30 – Race Five (130km/25 Laps)
Sunday 17th March
13:20-14:05 – Race Six (70km/13 Laps)
(16:10-18:10 – Formula 1 Rolex Australian Grand Prix)
- Qualifying Lap Record – Fabian Coulthard, DJR Team Penske, 1m54.3972s, 2017, Ford Falcon FGX
- Race Lap Record – Craig Lowndes, Triple Eight, 1m55.9682s, 2011, Commodore VEII
- With the AGP event being a points scoring round for the first time ever in 2018, it made the event an official round and therefore the 33rd different venue to host a round of the ATCC/VASC in its history since 1960
- Race 4 of the 2019 championship will be at Albert Park and will also be the 1000th race in the history of the Australian Touring Car Championship/Virgin Australia Supercars Championship
- Last year’s Albert Park race were all won by cars starting in the top three on the grid. Two were won from pole, one from second and one from third.
- The safety car has appeared in 10 of the last 18 races at the circuit (55.5%)
Sunday 17th March
11:05 - 11:25 – Supercars Signing Session, Autograph Stage
Published: 12 March 2019.