Brad Jones Racing head to their home circuit, Winton Motor Raceway, this weekend for Round 6 of the Virgin Australia Supercars Championship. The tight and twisty rural layout features a range of slow corners, which combine to make Winton the slowest circuit on the Supercars calendar.
All sessions will be LIVE on FOX Sports across the weekend, with highlights packages on Channel Ten/One HD. Check your local guides for times.
Friday 18th May
10:05-10:35 – Additional Drivers Practice
12:00-12:45 – Practice One
14:35-15:20 – Practice Two
Saturday 19th May
10:30-11:15 – Practice Three
12:40-12:55 – Qualifying
15:50-17:00 – Race 13 – 120kms/40 Laps
Sunday 20th May
10:25-10:45 – Qualifying
13:45-15:35 – Race 14 – 200kms/67 Laps
- Track Length – 3km // Direction – Clockwise // Fastest Speed – 225km/h // Average Speed – 135km/h
- Qualifying Lap Record – 1m18.7603s, Chaz Mostert, Rod Nash Racing. 2016, Ford Falcon FG X
- Race Lap Record – 1m19.7092s, Fabian Coulthard, DJR Team Penske, 2016, Ford Falcon FG X
- Nick is ranked 10th in qualifying this year, with an average qualifying position of 12th
- Nick’s Endurance Cup co-driver Macauley Jones will be driving the first laps in the #8 Supercar this weekend, in the additional drivers session.
- Nick finished 10th and 12th here last year, achieving his personal best Winton Supercars qualifying result 6th, and equalling his best finish!
- The last time a Winton ATCC/VASC round did not see the introduction of the Safety Car at any stage over that weekend was 1999.
- Nick Percat and team-mate Tim Slade have a combined 13 top ten finishes so far in 2018.
- The Brad Jones Racing team ran four cars here last year, with the additional wild card entry of Macauley Jones.
- Nick has visited the Winton podium several times, in a number of different categories! He was on the top step in 2009 when he won the Australia Formula Ford Championship round. He visited the podium again in 2010, on the top step again 2012 in the Super2 Series, plus another visit in 2013 when he was in the Carrera Cup series!
Thursday 18th May
17:30-18:30 – Supercars Autograph Session, Corporate Centre, Winton Motor Raceway
Published: 15 May 2018.